Happy Easter from The Teaching Studio

As music teachers, we know more than many others the amazing power of music. Music is so much more than a combination of sounds or frequencies. It is more than pitch, rhythm, and timbre. I remember one of my college music professors saying something that was so profound to me. He said, "someday we will figure out what music really is." Music really is so much more than a beautiful combination of notes and rhythms. Music is emotion. Music is testimony. Music conveys ideas. Music speaks when words cannot. Music crosses language barriers. Music speaks to the heart and to the soul.

At this Easter season, I am so grateful for beautiful music such as this, and so much more grateful for my Savior and Redeemer of whom it testifies. Happy Easter!

Labels: , ,