New topic: Teaching Music Appreciation

So much more could be said on th issue of practicing...I am sure we will re-visit the subject at some point :) In the meantime, here are the poll results for this week's poll:

On Practicing:


Other answer: "I could be a lot better about addressing this issue with my students!"

We're moving on to a new subject...Teaching Music Appreciation. This may seem like a no-brainer; of course we all strive to teach our students to appreciate music. We'd like to talk about ways to go about this, and ideas for making it fun. In my mind this topic includes so many things - appreciation of classical music (that is a biggie for me, since I am classically-trained), music listening, piano literature, concert attendance, music history, etc. Can't wait to hear your input!

Labels: , ,